Not to be confused with getting the ‘cold shoulder’, frozen shoulder is a painful condition which causes stiffness in the shoulder joint. Also known as adhesive capsulitis, frozen shoulder involves thickening and inflammation of the capsule that surrounds the shoulder joint.
Here are a few points related to this condition:
– Shoulder capsule thickens and develops adhesions and inflammation
– Pain gradually increases and joint stiffens
– Loss of mobility – Actively and passively
– Most common for those aged 40-60, more often in women
– Not related to a specific activity or occupation – not linked with repetitive motion
– Can last for months or even years
– Exercises, anti-inflammatories, and laser therapy can help
If you are having trouble with your shoulder, come in and have it looked at today!